Tuesday, April 19, 2016

@projectldsconf

I recently set a (lofty) goal of listening to all the General Conference talks from 1971 (which is as far back as they go on LDS.org/the Gospel Library app) to 2011. That's a lot of talks. I expect it to take me a few years, and I'm actually kind of glad about that, because I am really loving it so far and don't want it to end too quickly. In addition, I'm posting a few of my very favorite quotes on Instagram at @projectldsconf, so feel free to follow along over there if you'd like!

I started this project just because I really love General Conference and thought this would be a fun, uplifting thing to do. Honestly, though, it's made such a huge difference for me since I began last month... much more than I was expecting. It sets a better tone in our home than the mindless Netflix shows I usually turn on while I'm working on things around the house. It leaves me feeling inspired and happy. It gives me a spiritual boost that I always need, in addition to my regular scripture study.

Here's my most recent post, which is one of my favorite of all the ones I've shared so far:



Love love love. Probably going to have to print this one off and put it on my fridge. To quote from my Instagram: "I've been making a concerted effort to be more present as a mom, and this quote really nailed what I've been trying to accomplish: to enjoy. To play. To read his favorite book for the umpteenth time today. Even when that means rearranging my priorities and letting housework and other things wait."

Although I do reserve the right to hide the baseball bat from time to time, as I did last night after Eli went to bed, because sometimes mama just needs a break from pitching to her persistent (but cute, very cute) toddler for literally HOURS every day. The child is obsessed. OBSESSED, I tell you. But I'm going to enjoy it, because I know it won't last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment