That title is a little misleading... because I have lots of problems. At least 99 problems. Probably (definitely) more than that though.
Anyway. Today I want to talk about just one, though, and that is my problem with projects.
You guys, I have completed some pretty great, pretty major projects in my house over the past year or so. I have done a boat-load of painting, refinished my kitchen + guest bathroom cabinets, painted my fireplace, stained/painted my kitchen table, and done a lot of general decorating/rearranging/etc. Our house is looking gooooood. It is also looking crazy though, because I'm a professional at beginning projects and not finishing them. I'm also a professional at getting everything I need for a project and not starting because I'm scared.
For example, we have these plantation shutters on every upstairs window. I love shutters. However, I do not love these orange-ish brown shutters. They make the rooms seem so dark. Shutters are expensive, though, so what did I do? I went to my BFF Pinterest and found some great tutorials on painting shutters, bought a paint sprayer, and... that's where we've been for almost a year. Why? Because, as I said before, I'm scared. So scared. Projects give me anxiety like crazy.
I'm currently working on refinishing the cabinets in my master bathroom. And when I say "currently working" I mean I removed the drawers and doors, cleaned them, sanded them, and then realized the stain had dried up (oh and there was only a tiny bit left after doing the kitchen/guest bathroom/kitchen table) so it wouldn't have worked anyway) and the new can won't be here until next week. Oops. Oh well, it's super fun to have all the contents of your bathroom drawers on the counters, right? (False. Not fun. Driving me super crazy, actually.)
Meanwhile, you wanna know what I have been doing this afternoon while I was unfortunately not staining cabinets, like I had planned? I spent that time looking up tutorials on refinishing kitchen counters. You know, because I need another project now. Obviously.
See, I told you I had a problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment