Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A post without a picture. Gasp!

I've been blogging off and on for almost 10 years now. I can't believe it's been so long! I remember that when I started out it was just starting to really become popular, especially among LDS ladies like me. It was all about writing, sharing, creating. I loved it. Blogging taught me that I actually like to write, and that sometimes I was good at it. It also pushed me to become better at photography, which is really important to me now.

I feel like it's changed so much in the past few years, though. I've really cut down on the amount of blogs I follow because so many of my favorites don't post much anymore, if they do at all. I also just really don't have time to read many blogs anymore, thanks to a very busy life as a mama. I've pretty much stopped writing on my old blog now. It was public, and had a decent amount of traffic after a couple posts got popular via Pinterest, and... I don't know. I just kinda lost my fire. I felt weird about attracting so many people to my blog when I had pictures of my kid on there, but didn't want to make it private or remove the popular posts since one of them attracts a lot of traffic to my Etsy shop. I started overthinking everything I wrote. I didn't have time or energy to write, or anything that I felt was interesting enough to say.

I've been getting back the itch to write lately though. I felt like I needed a new place to do it, so... here we are. A brand new blog. It's simple. It's clean. There will definitely be pictures of my cute baby (who isn't really a baby anymore... waaaah!) because... well, he's cute. And I take a lot of pictures of him. And motherhood controls like 99% of my brain right now, so it's only natural that motherhood will be all over this blog too. But my hope is that this will be a place for me to just write about whatever thoughts are floundering around my brain, rather than build another shrine to my baby. Let's be honest, that's what my Instagram (@mikaeladurf) is for. (I'm kidding. But only a little bit.) A lot of it might not make sense, and I'm not going to be crazy about proofreading 38523087 times so forgive my grammatical errors in advance, please and thank you.

Anyway, baby is still sleeping so... imma go eat some chocolate and maybe even do something productive. Maybe. ;)

Peace out, girl scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment